Post title: Marketing Assistant
Department: Nottingham Energy Partnership
Salary: £20,000 – £23,000 pro rata
Responsible to: Lead Marketing Officer
Hours: 3-5 days per week
Location: Nottingham City
Application deadline: 5pm, Thursday 6th October 2022.
Please submit your CV and covering letter – with your letter please tell us how you meet the points within the Job Description.
Please note, we will be inviting strong candidates to interview as and when we hear from them, which may be before
the closing date.
Important: Within your covering letter, please draw on the responsibilities, skills and experience
points listed in the Job Description explaining how you meet them.
Interview date: Week commencing 10th October 2022
Start date: ASAP
This role involves working in a very busy team delivering a wide range of marketing and communication
activity to deliver NEPs projects tackling fuel poverty and climate change. Essential to the role is a solid
knowledge of marketing techniques, project management, and creative skills to support the Lead
Nottingham Energy Partnership is a charity dedicated to educating and inspiring action to tackle climate
change through the retrofitting of homes to reduce household energy usage and address the global aim
to achieve Zero Carbon. Through its innovative, practical ‘learning by doing’ programmes NEP helps
households improve the energy performance of their homes and understanding of the energy sector.
Our Environment and Culture
• A fun and busy work environment
• Support from Senior Management
• Regular social and sporting events
Your role will involve creating and co-ordinating marketing campaigns and supporting the delivery of
short and long-term projects alongside one another. In doing so, you will be writing engaging copy for
promotional materials including, website content, press releases and adverts. You will take some
publications and materials from concept through to completion as your own projects. You will also create
a constant flow of communications onto our digital platforms (for example our websites and social media
pages) and into the local media (press and radio). This could entail the coordination of media
opportunities and events.
• Work on NEP’s projects tackling fuel poverty and climate change to plan, co-ordinate and
implement creative promotional strategies.
• Create offline marketing and communication resources (letters, leaflets, posters etc;) and update
and revise accordingly.
• Data administration e.g., preparing formatting and editing a arrange of documents, organising
• Maintain the communications resource library with photographs of completed installs, events,
case studies – videos and written.
• Maintain the marketing budget spend and provide monthly updates.
• Organise and represent NEP at meetings and events sometimes outside normal working hours.
• Keep the website up to date with the latest news, case studies and projects
• Apply SEO techniques to increase website traffic.
• Maintain the social media accounts and provide the analytics, including for the website.
• Keep up to date with developments in social media and implement.
• Produce short videos for our social media channels.
• Design project branding.
• Liaise with suppliers such as printers, freelancers, web designers, etc. and make
recommendations on value for money.
• Be competent at delivering presentations.
Submitting your CV and covering letter
Within your covering letter, please draw on the points in the
Job Description explaining how you meet them.
Please email your CV and covering letter before 5pm, Thursday 6th October to:
Thank you and good luck!