Wednesday 24th October 2018
Nottingham Energy Partnership’s Nottinghamshire Healthy Housing Service (NHHS) is delighted to lead Western Power Distribution’s East Midland’s Affordable Warmth Campaign for the third year. The campaign aims to help the most vulnerable stay safe and warm when a power cut strikes.
NHHS is leading a consortium of charities across the East Midlands, who together, aim to register 1500 vulnerable households, in six months, on to Western Power’s Priority Service Register (PSR) to ensure they are safe in the event of a power cut. The PSR is a free service and can be a real lifeline during prolonged periods with no electricity or gas.
Delivery partners are Leicestershire’s The Papworth Trust, Lincolnshire Home Independence Agency, People’s Partnership Every One, and Community Lincs.
Can I be added to the Priority Service Register?
If you fall into one or more of the following groups, yes you can.
- Families with children under the age of 18
- Chronically ill
- Blind or partially sighted
- Deaf or hearing impaired
The benefits of being on the Priority Service Register?
- You will be given a direct number to call in the event of a power cut so you can get straight through to us;
- Agree a password with you before we visit, so you feel safe;
- Provide special help, if needed, through the British Red Cross;
- Inform you about planned interruptions to your electricity supply;
- Keep you as informed as possible in the event of an unplanned power cut.
Healthy Housing is promoting the PSR as part of their yearly Winter Warmth and Flu Jab campaign across the county at medical centers and surgeries during their Flu Drives. They are also offering their subsidised and free heating and insulation schemes.
Should you sign up in person, you will receive a Winter Crisis Pack containing a winter hat, gloves, socks, torch, emergency blanket and a flask – whilst stocks last!
Sign up to the PSR today
If you live in Nottinghamshire and you are eligible, we urge you to call The Nottinghamshire Healthy Housing Service who can enter you on to Western Power’s Priority Service Register:
T: 0115 985 3009
Visit our Healthy Housing project page to see what else we do to keep your home warm and your bills down: