Although our core aims are to tackle fuel poverty and reduce carbon emissions, since being awarded Home Improvement Agency status in January this year we’ve also been helping homeowners and private landlords across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire with a wide range of general home improvements.
Here are some examples of the work we’ve carried out over the past few months:
- We replaced eight windows for a client in the Meadows who found out about us through a talk at a Women’s group. Having had several quotes for the work, she chose our services as our price was more competitive.
- Despite not qualifying for one of our boiler grants, another client chose to replace her boiler with us as we offered a very competitive rate. We managed to complete the job in 2 days, and she has since decided to use us for the annual service.
As well as private referrals, we are often called upon to carry out work on behalf of Nottingham City Councils Environmental Health team, who often require urgent repairs:
- Earlier this year we had an emergency call out to a property in Beechdale. The floor was in a dangerous state and could have fallen through at any time; faulty exposed electrical works were subsequently found at the property. Both of these issues needed rectifying urgently as there were children living in the house. We arranged for a contractor to repair the floor and make the electrics safe as soon as possible.
- Another emergency call out was made to a collapsed chimney in Radford. We arranged for scaffolding to be put up at the property to dismantle the chimney and make it safe as it could have fallen through the roof of a neighbouring property. Whilst on site repairing the chimney, the gable wall began to fall so the whole structure needed to be made secure. This emergency job turned out to take longer than expected but our dedicated team was able to secure the wall to ensure it was safe.
In addition to domestic projects, we also carry out work for public and commercial clients:
- We recently won a tender to deliver EPC’s for a number of schools in north east Lincolnshire. The schools are upgrading to LED lighting under ERDF funding. As a result, we will be so we completing approximately 40 pre and post Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s) for the buildings – these EPCs will allow us to illustrate the environmental and financial impact of lighting upgrades.
Get in touch
For more information or to arrange a quote please contact Darren Barker.
T: 0115 985 3008