Welcome to Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme (LADs) Phase 2
Together, Nottingham Energy Partnership and Marches Energy Agency (MEA) are supporting local authorities across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire to deliver home energy improvements to thousands of homes to help them become more energy efficient and cheaper to run. The scheme launches in May 2021 and will run until March 2022.
Green Homes Grant LADs Phase 2 is an area based scheme delivering two key measures; external Solid Wall Insulation and/or Solar Electricity panels (each local authority decides their home improvement package so the offering will vary from district to district). A mix of homeowners, private tenants and social homes will receive these home improvements.
How do I know if my home is eligible for this scheme?
In May we will publish the eligible property addresses on this web page. You will also receive a letter informing you that your home has been selected to receive your district specific home improvements. You can then either sign up online, or call our dedicated telephone number; the web link and phone number will be on your letter.
Your home improvement(s) will be free of charge. Private landlords will contribute a third of the cost towards the works.
Each local authority within Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire will draw up a list of their target households – this list will be based on a number of factors. The age of a property will have an impact on this as older properties are suitable for solid wall insulation, and homes with a South East to South West orientation will be more suitable for solar panels.
To qualify for Green Homes Grant LADs home improvement measures, which vary from district to district, you must:
– Live in one of the target properties, which is decided by your local authority (look out for a Green Homes Grant LADs letter in May)
– Be a Nottingham County or Derbyshire County Council resident, and
– Have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) of D,E,F or G. (You can check the EPC of your property on this Government website.), and
– Have a combined annual household income under £30,000 (gross), or
– Be in receipt of certain benefits.
Which home improvement measures are available?
- Each Local Authority within Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire will be offering external Solid Wall Insulation and/or Solar Electricity panels. However, you will also have access to additional services through NEP – these can include a boiler replacement or repair, loft insulation, benefit check and impartial energy switching advice. A full Energy Assessment will be conducted as part of the process to see what additional support NEP can assist you with.
Learn more about the scheme’s main energy improvements by clicking on the icons below.