Welcome to Green Grants Phase 3
Green Grants focuses on delivering practical home energy improvements to raise the energy efficiency of low-income homes within Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. The project aims to make homes, cheaper to run, more comfortable to live in and fit for the future. Following a fabric-first approach Green Grants where possible installs home insulation measures as a priority, then it will consider the implementation of energy generation technology like Solar PVs.
We have now entered into Phase 3 of the Green Grants scheme. Phase 2 closed as of 31st March 2022.
Which councils are included in Phase 3 and what are they offering?
See below participating Phase 3 Nottinghamshire councils, and the grant funded energy home improvements they are delivering.
- Nottingham City Council – free External Wall Insulation, Loft Insulation, Cavity Wall Insulation, Solar PV, Air Source Heat Pumps plus smaller measures (E to G properties only)
- Bassetlaw District Council – free Solar PV, External Wall Insulation, Loft Insulation, Cavity Wall Insulation and a few Air Source Heat Pumps (ASHP)
- Gedling Borough Council – free Solar PV, External Wall Insulation and Air Source Heat Pumps (ASHP)
- Rushcliffe Borough Council – Solar PV, External Wall Insulation and Loft Insulation
- Ashfield District Council – Solar PV, External Wall Insulation, Cavity Wall Insulation, Loft Insulation and Air Source Heat Pumps
- Newark & Sherwood District Council – Solar PV, External Wall Insulation, Cavity Wall Insulation, Loft Insulation and Air Source Heat Pumps
- Broxtowe Borough Council – Solar PV, External Wall Insulation, Cavity Wall Insulation, Loft Insulation and Air Source Heat Pumps
Please note, these councils identify their own target area(s) and households within their district/borough to receive these grant funded improvements. As it says in the communication you have received, your home falls within your council’s target area, however, you must also meet the scheme’s eligibility criteria.
What happens next?
More about the scheme…
Together, Nottingham Energy Partnership and Marches Energy Agency (MEA) are providing Customer Journey Support to select Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire local authorities. Both organisations will also determine whether households are also eligible for additional measures (i.e. loft insulation) or support services (i.e. a benefit check or registration on to the Priority Service Register).
Target households are typically old, poorly insulated properties that are expensive to heat and prone to damp and mould. All households within the target area will receive a letter outlining what energy improvement they can sign up to. The scheme is a mix tenure scheme – the individual authority decides whether they will target homeowners, private tenants and /or social tenants.
Nottingham Energy Partnership is fulfilling the role of marketing, sign up and after care for the following Nottinghamshire Council’s for Phase 3 of the scheme: Nottingham City Council, Gedling Borough Council, Rushcliffe Borough Council, Bassetlaw District Council, Ashfield District Council, Newark & Sherwood District Council and Broxtowe Borough Council.
Marches Energy Agency (MEA) is fulfilling the role of marketing, sign up and after care for following Derbyshire Council: Erewash District Council and Amber Valley Borough Council.