East Midlands Affordable Warmth Campaign 2019/2020
Nottinghamshire Healthy Housing Service (NHHS) has been re-commissioned (for the fourth year) to lead Western Power Distribution’s East Midland’s Affordable Warmth Campaign – a six month initiative that runs from September to March.
This campaign help the most vulnerable stay safe and warm when an unplanned power cut strikes.
NHHS is leading a consortium of charities across the East Midlands, who together, aim to register 1500 vulnerable households on to Western Power’s Priority Services Register (PSR) to ensure they are safe in the event of a power cut.
The PSR is a free service and can be a real lifeline during prolonged periods with no electricity or gas.
Delivery partners are Leicestershire’s The Papworth Trust, Lincolnshire Home Independence Agency, People’s Partnership Every One, and Community Lincs.
You can download our PSR leaflet here.
Can I be added to the Priority Services Register?
If you fall into one or more of the following groups, yes you can.
- Families with children under the age of 18
- Chronically ill
- Blind or partially sighted
- Deaf or hearing impaired
The benefits of being on the Priority Services Register:
- You will be given a direct number to call in the event of a power cut so you can get straight through to us;
- Agree a password with you before we visit, so you feel safe;
- Provide special help, if needed, through the British Red Cross;
- Inform you about planned interruptions to your electricity supply;
- Keep you as informed as possible in the event of an unplanned power cut.
Healthy Housing is promoting the PSR as part of their yearly Winter Warmth and Flu Jab campaign across the county at medical centers and surgeries during their Flu Drives. They are also offering their subsidised and free heating and insulation schemes.
Sign up to the PSR today
If you live in Nottinghamshire and you are eligible, we urge you to call The Nottinghamshire Healthy Housing Service who can enter you on to Western Power’s Priority Service Register:
T: 0115 985 3009
Visit our Healthy Housing project page to see our home insulation and heating schemes to help keep your home warm and your bills down:
Nottinghamshire Healthy Housing Service is funded by