About our Home Visiting service
- Our Home Visits are for people who are either elderly, disabled or chronically ill – for these groups it can be easier and more effective to have a conversation in person
- They are completely free
- There is no rush, we allow up to 90 minutes per visit
- You will meet Melvin Young, our qualified Energy Assessor – he has been delivering our Home Visits for years and strives to make a difference
- If the visit leads to an outcome i.e. loft insulation, Melvin can book in the necessary technical survey immediately helping you to get the measure installed more quickly
- Home Visits allow us to reach more vulnerable people that need our help
What does the Home Visit cover?
- Energy Efficiency Measures
- Energy Switching
- Income Maximisation
- Health and Well-being
Download our Home Visit Leaflet for more detail.
Home Visit client Mrs Lees had a boiler health check and saved £146.07 on her energy bills by switching from her current supplier, British Gas, to EDF.
“I would not have the confidence or the know-how to have got so much done in one go, I know my boiler is safe and working properly now and I’ve saved nearly £150 on my energy bills. The energy saving goody bag was also a nice surprise”
Mr Safdar told us:
“Thanks to Melvin, I have been given very good tips and will in future keep checks on annual energy changes”
Within a week of your Home Visit the Healthy Housing Team will call to follow up about any next steps which were not completed by the Assessor on the day.
Book a Home Visit
Please contact Project Support Officer Jessica Breen and she will be happy to help.
Telephone: 0115 985 3009
Alternatively fill out our online form and select ‘Home Visit’ at the bottom.
Nottinghamshire Healthy Housing Service is funded by